The rules of this award are to share 3 random facts about yourself,
and then pass the award along to 5 other bloggers.
Here are a few random facts about me:
1. I've visited 26 out of 50 states in the United States, and I hope to see them all some day. (I really need to update my travel map). The northwest and northeast are two parts of the country I have still never seen. I still think that northern Michigan (where I grew up) is one of the most beautiful places I have seen so far. If you want to know more just ask me! (Switzerland is pretty beautiful too, but that's a whole other blog post.) I want to see the world, and my dream job would involve travel and writing about travel.
* here's a photo of the lake where I grew up in Michigan *
2. When I was in 8th grade, I broke my ankle while on a field trip to an amusement park/water park. After going on a few rides in the amusement park, I went with some friends to the water park where I broke my ankle on the first slide we went down. It was still one of the most painful things I've experienced yet! (No we don't have children yet.) I was escorted out of the water park on a golf cart, and everyone stared at me. It was incredibly embarrassing. One of my teachers drove me to a local clinic where they x-rayed my ankle and told me that I would most likely need surgery. The biggest perk of breaking my ankle was that I didn't have to ride the bus home. One of my teachers drove me home in the back of her station wagon, and she bought me a Snickers and fast food on the way home. I ended up having surgery and spending most of my summer in casts, and I'm pretty sure that my left leg is still slightly smaller than my right because of it. Yup.
* if you look closely you can see my super white leg just above my air cast/sock... cool, huh? *
3. I am an only child. Yes, you read that correctly. I have no brothers or sisters. At times I wish that I had siblings, but sometimes (mostly when I hear about how siblings fight and hate each other) I think it's pretty nice being an only child. I never had to share my parents either, so that was pretty cool. Everyone knows that only children stink at sharing. However, there are times when my dad and his brothers, or my mom and her sister, get together and share memories of growing up that I feel like I missed out on a special bond. I suppose that's partly why I loved our golden retriever, Gnomie, so much! She was my dog sister. Don't judge me. We all know that dogs make better listeners than humans do anyways.
* me, my grandparents, and my 'sister' *
(just in case you can't tell us apart, I'm the one with the monster feet slippers on)
So there you have it.
Hopefully you learned at least one new thing about me!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is the part where I choose 5 bloggers and tell them: "I Dig Your Blog"
Hopefully you learned some
useless incredibly useful and random things about me,
but now it's time to learn about some other bloggers!
I am passing this award along to:
Maggy at Living Tall
Now go and check out
these lovely blog friends!