You may remember how I mentioned that dresses are one of my new favorite things lately, so today I wanted to share a new way (at least new to me) to wear a dress. I have no idea why I never thought to wear a top over my dresses before, but it's a great way to make your dress do double duty for you! There's no reason that a dress cannot also be a skirt. What do you think?
I swear, you really do learn something new every day. Sometimes I forget that I can take risks (like wearing a top over a dress is really much of a risk... but you have to start somewhere) with my clothes, and, for the most part, no one really cares. It's fun turning dresses into skirts. I always used to love magic tricks. Who knew I'd still be transforming things late into my twenties. The fun never ends.
1) After realizing I could wear my dresses as skirts, it really made my closet seem much larger than it is. I threw on my tank from Forever21 and cinched my waist with a coral belt. A racerback over regular tank straps mixes things up a bit.
2) My aunt gave me these earrings years ago, and I realized I hadn't worn them in a while. She bought them at a small boutique jewelry store called The Silver Arrow. You can find it on the small main street that runs through Evergreen, Colorado. I lived in Evergreen for a while, and it's a really great little mountain town not too far from Denver. I highly recommend a visit to the town if you're ever exploring Denver and the surrounding areas.
3) One of my very favorite colors is turquoise, and the closest nail polish I've been able to find in turquoise is Essie's Turquoise and Caicos. I love imagining that I'm on a beach in Turks and Caicos when I wear this polish. It never hurts to dream a little.
4) I found this coral dress at Dillard's last year,
but here's a dress that is very similar: Delia's coral eyelet dress
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I hope you had a wonderful weekend,
and don't forget that sometimes it pays to take outfit risks.
You never know what you might learn about your favorite item of clothing. (: