I copied this straight from the FAQs on the GABF website:
According to the Guinness Book of World Records®, there is no other place on earth where a beer aficionado can find more beers on tap. The Great American Beer Festival is the American brewing industry’s top public tasting opportunity and competition. Tasting sessions will offer attendees the opportunity to tour America’s brewing landscape, one ounce at a time, with access to more than 2,000 different beers from more than 450 of the nation’s finest breweries. The GABF gathers practically every type of beer from all of the regions of the country, and are arranged geographically on the festival floor. The festival allows visitors to taste the largest number and the widest variety of hand-crafted products in the American beer industry.
This was mine and Nate's 3rd year attending the beer festival, and I'm pretty sure we won't get sick of it... ever. Not only did we manage to grab some fun beer "swag" while there, but we also obviously drank a bunch of great beer... and....
* We came prepared with pretzel necklaces that included some Nutter Butter cookies *
* We cheered for beer... Yay Beer! (is that Bob Ross's head?) *
* I burned some calories while pedaling my way to some pours of Sierra Nevada beer... I tried convincing the "train conductor" that we should kick that train out of neutral and pedal it around the Convention Center... they didn't go for it. Oh well, maybe next year *
* We danced at the "Silent Disco"... I don't remember what song was playing, but notice that everyone was doing the finger point in the air *
* We successfully ate away our necklaces... and did I mention drank lots of good beer *
All in all... we had a good time and can't wait for another year at the GABF!